David Doyle Electrical Ltd contract including for the complete electrical installation for a new two Theatre Extension, at the Bon Secours Hospital in Tralee Co. Kerry.
The Theatre Extension works were completed in a LIVE hospital environment, so particular attention was paid to Noise, Dust etc.
The new installation included Distribution, UPS, IPS, Medical Traunking, Emergency Lighting, LED IP65 Main Theatre Lighting, Data, Emergency Call, & Fire Alarm.
A new supply was installed from the new MV switch room, which was over 300mts from to the main internal plant room, 4x240sq SWA was installed to cater for the extension.
A Form 4 Main Distributionm Panel was installed to serve all of the power requirements for the new extension.
UPS system was supplied and installed as part of the electrical contract, for power supply to the essential equipment, in the Theatre 1, 2, Endo 1, Endo 2, Endo recovery. Upgrade of the existing theatres system with the installation of a new UPS parallel with existing.
2 No 20KVA UPS systems were supplied to BS EN50091 to be provide support to the relevant IPS systems. The UPS battery were capable of supporting the load for 60 Minutes. The UPS and Battery were installed in the plantroom. Batteries are mounted on an Open Rack adjavent ot the UPS. The UPS system included:
• A static bypass and output control module for full system rating
• Battery Bank complete with isolators to provide the autonomy at above full rating.
• A Maintenance bypass facility
• Provision for the option of remotely monitoring the status of the UPS through IP
• A UPS mounted LCD Panel with Mimic Graphical display
• The UPS should be made up of Plug-In Modular Power Boards
• Tricore Technology should be used along with Digital Signal Possessing
• Isolated Gate Bi-polar Transistors should be used on the input & output of the UPS
• Inverter output must be of Vector Technology for multiple current loops.
• Dynamic Charging Mode – allowing Accurate Battery Management
• Provision for Paralleling the UPS to allow for N+1 Configuration or future expansion
• Eco Mode facility as standard for efficiency >98%. With transfer time <5ms
2No IPS systems were supplied and installed as part of the electrical contract, for power supply to the essential equipment, in the Theatre 1, 2, Endo 1, Endo 2, Endo recovery. Existing Theatre IPS system to be energised, inclusive of remote alarm panel etc., as required.
Each IPS system shall be a fully independent stand alone Single Isolated Power System (SIPS). To ensure absolute physical, electrical and electronic independence, “multi-channel” systems shall not be accepted. Each SIPS shall incorporate the following components:
1 No Steel Enclosure
1 No Integrated Insulation Monitor and Automatic Earth Fault Detection System (EDS) 1 No Webserver with TCP/IP functionality (standard network connection required) Low Inrush (≤8 In) Medical Isolation Transformer (8.0kVA)
1 No 125A Main Isolator
16 No 20A “B type” DP Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCB)
1 No Load current Transformer
1 No Equipotential Earth Bar
1 No Terminals for Remote Alarm & field wiring
1 No Thermostatically controlled ventilation fan
1 No Ventilation filter
Bon Secours Healthcare
Eamon Costello (Kerry)